Unleash the Potential of Your Push Notifications with Lock Screen Images
Learn why visuals are key to maximizing your app's engagement and retention.
Push notifications are a powerful tool in mobile marketing, allowing you to connect with your users and keep them engaged with your app. But with so many apps vying for attention, it can be tough to stand out, and that's where lock screen images come in.
In this post, we'll discuss why every push notification should have a lock screen image and provide tips on creating effective lock screen images for your app.
Importance of Lock Screen Media in Push Notifications
Lock screen images are essential in push notifications for a few key reasons. First and foremost, they can catch the attention of users who might otherwise overlook your push notification. A well-designed lock screen image can be eye-catching and make users want to take a closer look.
Lock screen images can also enhance the overall user experience by providing visual interest and, most of all, context for your push notification. Instead of just seeing a plain text message, users will see an image that provides additional information or sets the tone for your message.
Benefits of Lock Screen Images in Push Notifications
The benefits of using lock screen images in push notifications are numerous. Here are just a few:
- Increased click-through rate: Studies have shown that push notifications with images have a higher click-through rate than those without. By using lock screen images, you can increase the chances that users will tap on your push notification and engage with your app.
- Brand recognition: Lock screen images can also help build brand recognition and reinforce your branding efforts. By using consistent imagery and design elements, you can make your app more memorable and recognizable to users.
- Improved user engagement:Lock screen images can help make your push notifications more engaging and exciting to users. By providing additional context or visual interest, you can make users more likely to take action on your push notifications.
Examples of Effective Lock Screen Images in Push Notifications
Let's look at some examples of compelling lock screen images in push notifications to see its power in action.
24% Higher Open Rates
Our internal research has shown that adding images to push notifications can significantly improve engagement rates and increase user retention. Several A/B tests proved that push notifications that included an image had a 24% higher open rate compared to messages without an image.
These findings suggest that incorporating lock screen images into push notifications can be an effective marketing strategy for app owners to increase user engagement and retention. Images are a powerful tool to capture the user's attention and convey information quickly and effectively. By including a lock screen image in their push notifications, app owners can make their messages stand out from the crowd and increase the chances that users will open and engage with their app.
How to Create Effective Lock Screen Images for Push Notifications
Now that you've seen the benefits of lock screen images in push notifications, you might be wondering how to create compelling lock screen images for your app. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Use high-quality images: Your lock screen image should be clear, crisp, and visually attractive. Use high-quality images that are relevant to your push notification.
- Follow the image size guidelines: The recommended image size is up to 300KB, and the dimensions should have a 2:1 ratio. Optimizing your lock screen image in this way ensures that it looks great on all devices and platforms and won't slow down the notification delivery.
- Keep it simple: Your lock screen image should be easy to understand and visually appealing. Don't clutter it with too much text or graphics.
- A/B Test different images: Try out different lock screen images to see what works best for your app. You might be surprised at which images get the best response from your users.
- Don't Rely Solely on Images: It's important to remember that the lock screen image is just one part of the push notification. If it fails to download, the message's content should still be clear and easy to understand. A good user experience is essential to success, so crafting your message carefully and avoiding over-reliance on the lock screen image is crucial.
Don't Let Poor Implementation Ruin Your Push Notifications
To ensure the proper implementation of lock screen images in push notifications, the product owner should work closely with their developer during development. This involves extensively testing the lock screen image feature to ensure it works as intended on all platforms. For iOS, the Notification Service Extension should be tested to ensure the image is included in the notification payload and displayed correctly on the lock screen.
Unlock Your App's Potential
Adding lock screen images to your push notifications can greatly enhance your app's engagement and retention rates. By incorporating visually appealing images that provide additional context and reinforce your branding, you can increase users' likelihood of tapping on your push notification and engaging with your app.
Contact Notificare support for any questions and start incorporating visually appealing lock screen images in your push notifications. Boost your app's engagement and retention rates today!